Every two seconds, a person under the age of 70 dies of a non-communicable disease (NCD), and 86% of those deaths occur in low-to-medium income countries. As it stands, more than 27% of deaths in Nigeria are caused by NCDs. The current healthcare system is ill-equipped to deal with this issue.
HIA has developed a unique business model aiming to address this service gap in an economically viable manner:
- Our companies develop and operate treatment centres alongside public and private partners, as well as manage third-party healthcare facilities
- We actively support the management teams of our companies to deliver operational excellence
- We upgrade clinical skills through tailormade training programs and recruitment
- We invest in state-of-the-art technology to maximise clinical capabilities and positive outcomes
- We focus on operational efficiency and partner synergies to minimize prices to patients while generating attractive returns to all stakeholders